Cheshire East launch consultation on important Local Plan documents.
Following the adoption of the Local Plan Strategy last year, the council is preparing a number of additional planning policy documents. These are being consulted on between 11 September and 22 October 2018. They are:
- First Draft Site Allocations and Development Policies Document (SADPD);
- SADPD Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment;
- The Garden Village at Handforth draft supplementary planning document;
- Revised and updated Statement of Community Involvement; and
- A ‘call for sites’ that may be suitable for Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople accommodation.
The consultation documents are available on the council’s website at www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/localplan and in Cheshire East customer service centres and libraries.
The Site Allocations and Development Policies Document (SADPD) will contain detailed planning policies and site allocations. Once adopted, its policies will be used alongside the Local Plan Strategy and neighbourhood plans to help determine planning applications. This consultation is on the first draft of the SADPD and is an important opportunity to help shape policies and proposals, and to help the council make sure that the document will provide an up-to-date planning framework.
If you would like any help or support in responding to this consultation please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.